. . . in my mind . . .

assalamualaikum


city of geneva by the lake at night

as i sat on the bench on a cold night, my mind as usual wonders around thinking over my past n future. it was so cold, i swear my eyeballs were frozen. but hey, when the mind wanders, the body feels nothing...

as i watched the open lake from the bridge... i noticed that there were strips of calmness n also strong flows of the water. it was sort of an illusion... the mind confirms what the eye sees. i tilted my head to the left n right. there was no calmness. it was just the light that made it different. hence, the lake was flowing strongly.

a duck was swimming across from the corner of the bridge. from time to time, it stops n paddles n stops. probably to fight the strong currents. but even with that, it managed to cross to the other side with a bit of work. at times it gets stuck in some whirlpools... as if it was like bombs planted scattered on the ground. for a number of times, i see the duck got itself stuck in n struggling its way out of the whirlpool. it keeps getting stuck. maybe bcoz its too dark to see the whirlpool in front of it or maybe... it just likes the challenge, to see how he can manage itself out of the whirpool...

i noticed also a swan getting stuck in one whirlpool. the duck courageously comes to the rescue by pushing the swan... but not all swans r beautiful i guess. once it was out, it was the duck's turn to struggle out of the whirlpool. not only that, the swan pecked at it like it was its worst enemy... n wandered off strutting its white big wings, showing off to its other friends... leaving the duck to fight the whirpool itself. luckily it won n went off to find a huge rock in the middle of the lake. it noticed me somehow n showed interest in me... i could tell coz it was tilting its head at me d same way i was tilting my head to it.

i said to myself... or maybe to the duck, i know how u feel my friend.

with a huge breath in n out, i stood up n walked back to my apartment... on a lonely cold night. no expresso machiatto this time. that shit would kill my brain cells n pop out my eyes again...

wassalam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

. . . upgrade . . .

. . . tough times ahead . . .